To become a member of the OAMFT, you must register with the AAMFT and opt-in!
Note: You do not have to reside in Ontario to become a member and benefit from the OAMFT.
As an OAMFT member you are eligible to receive the services, resources, and conveniences provided by the AAMFT and additional exclusive benefits by the OAMFT. Please click here for a full list of benefits.
Start your Journey with AAMFT and OAMFT today !
Use the Promo code: OAMFT2023 to save 25% *only for new applicants*
On the Application Form, OAMFT is displayed as “Ontario IA”.
Categories are based on where you are in your career. From student to in process of completing hours, to a practicing clinician. There is a membership category for you!
- Student Member
- Professional Member [Clinical Fellow, Pre-Clinical Fellow, Approved Supervisor, Allied Mental Health Professional]
Please see attached form on new AAMFT categories!
Thinking about becoming a Marriage and Family Therapist?
Enrolled in a graduate program or post-graduate certificate program in marriage and family therapy or a related mental health field.
If you are seeking to become a Marriage and Family Therapist in Ontario we are regulated by the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO). Here is a list of programs accepted in Ontario. You may also visit the CRPO website for more details at www.crpo.ca
Eligible Programs in Canada are:
- Adler Graduate Professional School Inc. (Toronto) – Master of Psychology
- Athabasca University – Master of Counselling (Counselling Psychology)
- Canadian Institute for Child and Adolescent Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy – Diploma for Child and Adolescent Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist
- Centre for Training in Psychotherapy – Diploma of The Centre for Training in Psychotherapy
- CREATE Institute – Diploma in Expressive Arts Therapy
- Gestalt Institute of Toronto – Diploma, Five-Year Training Program in Gestalt Psychotherapy
- Martin Luther University College (formerly Waterloo Lutheran Seminary), Wilfrid Laurier University – Master of Arts in Theology – Spiritual Care and Psychotherapy
- Ontario Association of Jungian Analysts – Analyst Training Program
- Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, University of Toronto – Master of Education in Counselling Psychology – Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Ontario Psychotherapy and Counseling Program – Diploma in Psychotherapy with focus on Psychodynamic Therapy
- Saint Paul University – Master of Arts in Counselling and Spirituality
- Toronto Art Therapy Institute – Graduate Level Diploma in Art Therapy
- Toronto Centre for Psychotherapy and Counselling Education – Certificate in Psychotherapy
- Toronto Institute of Contemporary Psychoanalysis – Diploma in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy
- Toronto Institute for Relational Psychotherapy – Diploma, Toronto Institute for Relational Psychotherapy
- Toronto Institute of Psychoanalysis – Certificate of Graduation as Psychoanalyst
- Toronto School of Theology (Knox/Emmanuel College), University of Toronto – Master of Pastoral Studies, Spiritual Care and Psychotherapy Certificate
- Tyndale University – Master of Divinity – Counselling Major – Clinical Stream
- Tyndale University – Master of Arts – Clinical Counselling
- University of Guelph – M.Sc. Couple and Family Therapy Program
- Universite de Hearst – Diplome d’etudes superieures en psychotherapie
- University of Ottawa – Master of Education (M.Ed.)/Master of Arts in Education (M.A.) in Counselling Psychology
- Vancouver Art Therapy Institute – Graduate Level Diploma in Art Therapy
- Western University – Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology
- Yorkville University – Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology
Accepted Bridging Program
Mennonite New Life Centre of Toronto – Bridge to Registration and Employment in Mental Health (BREM) Registration Stream