The OAMFT is an International Independent Affiliate of the AAMFT, the premier organization for individuals interested in the field of Marriage and Family Therapy and providing a unified voice for all Marriage and Family Therapists in Ontario. Join thousands of family therapists, educators, researchers, and students who have made a commitment to support AAMFT’s mission through AAMFT membership.
To become a member of the OAMFT, you must register with the AAMFT and opt-in to International Independent Affiliate of Ontario to tailor your member benefits. As an OAMFT member you are eligible to receive the services, resources, and conveniences provided by the AAMFT and additional exclusive benefits by the OAMFT.
Benefits of Becoming a Member:
- Clinical Fellows Receive Designation: Certified Couple and Family Therapist (CCFT)
- *Only members who are Clinical Fellows can may use the CCFT designation*
- Access to Webinars/Trainings for members and Continuing Education Credits Certificates for Licensure
- 10% Discount off Sick Kids CCMH Courses Using Code: OAMFT10
- Annual Conferences that are tailored for our members
- Access to AAMFT resources and all Ontario & Canadian Content
- Participate on Committees or on the Board of Directors
- Peer Circles and Focus Groups for OAMFT’s members
- Marketed on our Website Directory
- Resources and exclusive content for OAMFT
- And much more!
Note: You do not have to reside in Ontario to become a member and benefit from the OAMFT.
Categories are based on where you are in your career. From student to in process of completing hours, to a practicing clinician. There is a membership category for you!
- Student Member
- Professional Member [Clinical Fellow, Pre-Clinical Fellow, Approved Supervisor, Allied Mental Health Professional]
Please see attached form on new AAMFT categories!
Thinking about becoming a Marriage and Family Therapist?
Enrolled in a graduate program or post-graduate certificate program in marriage and family therapy or a related mental health field.
If you are seeking to become a Marriage and Family Therapist in Ontario we are regulated by the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO). Here is a list of programs accepted in Ontario. You may also visit the CRPO website for more details at www.crpo.ca
Eligible Programs in Canada are:
- Adler Graduate Professional School Inc. (Toronto) – Master of Psychology
- Canadian Institute for Child and Adolescent Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy – Diploma for Child and Adolescent Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist
- Centre for Training in Psychotherapy – Diploma of The Centre for Training in Psychotherapy
- Gestalt Institute of Toronto – Diploma, Five-Year Training Program in Gestalt Psychotherapy
- Martin Luther University College (formerly Waterloo Lutheran Seminary), Wilfrid Laurier University – Master of Arts in Theology – Spiritual Care and Psychotherapy
- Ontario Association of Jungian Analysts – Analyst Training Program
- Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, University of Toronto – Master of Education in Counselling Psychology – Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Ontario Psychotherapy and Counseling Program – Diploma in Psychotherapy with focus on Psychodynamic Therapy
- Saint Paul University – Master of Arts in Counselling and Spirituality
- Toronto Art Therapy Institute – Graduate Level Diploma in Art Therapy
- Toronto Centre for Psychotherapy and Counselling Education – Certificate in Psychotherapy
- Toronto Institute of Contemporary Psychoanalysis – Diploma in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy
- Toronto Institute for Relational Psychotherapy – Diploma, Toronto Institute for Relational Psychotherapy
- Toronto Institute of Psychoanalysis – Certificate of Graduation as Psychoanalyst
- Toronto School of Theology (Knox/Emmanuel College), University of Toronto – Master of Pastoral Studies, Spiritual Care and Psychotherapy Certificate
- Tyndale University College and Seminary – Master of Divinity – Clinical Counselling Major
- University of Guelph – M.Sc. Couple and Family Therapy Program
- University of Ottawa – Master of Education (M.Ed.)/Master of Arts in Education (M.A.) in Counselling Psychology
- Vancouver Art Therapy Institute – Graduate Level Diploma in Art Therapy
- Western University – Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology
- Yorkville University – Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology
Accepted Bridging Program
Mennonite New Life Centre of Toronto – Bridge to Registration and Employment in Mental Health (BREM) Registration Stream