Job Ad: # 2018-06-27 DCS
Aurora Family Therapy Centre (AFTC) is an incorporated, non-profit, charitable organization. AFTC serves the people of Winnipeg and surrounding communities in three major ways:
first, as an United Way agency we offer affordable therapy to
couples, families and individuals;
secondly, we provide the clinical facility where students in the Master of Marriage and Family Therapy (MMFT) program at the University of Winnipeg do the majority of their clinical training; thirdly, we have a vibrant Newcomer Community Development Program funded through the Government of Canada that assists newcomers in successful settlement in our community. We strive to be culturally sensitive, inclusive and accessible.
We are seeking a Full-time Director of Clinical Services
Position Overview: Applicants need to self-identify as Marriage and Family Therapists. The Director of Clinical Services in
collaboration with the Executive Director and the management team, provides leadership, management, and program development for Aurora’s clinical programs. This is a senior administrative position reporting to the Executive Director. The incumbent will have the ability to demonstrate leadership that is positive, supportive, constructive, and empowering and have a passion for clinical work, supervision, program development and managing clinical teams.
The incumbent will be responsible for a range of duties and responsibilities:
• Program management, administration and development
• Oversee and develop the intake and client processes
• Provide clinical supervision to staff and students
• Oversee clinical practicum site for students in the MMFT program
• Provide direct service in our Therapy Program
• Network and provide presentations/workshops to the larger community
Strong Interpersonal and Relationship skills including:
• Commitment to a collaborative leadership. Must be professional, conscientious, responsible and reliable.
• Understanding of complex systems
• Creativity and innovativeness
• Commitment to respecting difference and diversity in the workplace
Qualifications and skills needed:
• Masters Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy preferred. An equivalent combination of education and work
experience may be considered. Must be a member in good standing with the applicable professional body.
• Clinical Fellow AAMFT required. Preference given to an Approved Supervisor with AAMFT.
• Minimum 5 years of clinical experience as a therapist
• Experience with government reporting systems, funding/grant writing and reports preferred
• Experience in management in the non-profit sector preferred
• Detailed oriented with strong organizational and communication (both written and verbal) skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Social Media platforms
• Experience working cross culturally (Newcomer and Indigenous communities)
• Knowledge and experience related to trauma and trauma-informed care
• Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with others
Aurora Family Therapy Centre requires a clear Criminal Record and Child/Adult Abuse Registry check prior to finalizing the appointment of a successful candidate. Valid Driver’s License and use of personal vehicle is required.
Please submit cover letter, resume & three references (including one from a recent supervisee and one from a past/current supervisor), copy of Approved Supervisor certificate from AAMFT via email only by July 13, 2018 – Noon with Job Ad: # 2018-06-27 DCS in subject line to:
Wanda Yamamoto, Director of Administration
Aurora Family Therapy Centre
Aurora is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Interviewed candidates may be called upon to complete a ManagementPro profile